Aug 28, 2013

Do you sleep?


So, here's a great question that I bet I know the answer to for most people. Do you get enough sleep?
Some people may not know this, but the most important part of any workout or fitness program is recovery. And the most important part of recovery is sleep. And consistent sleep at that. Same bed time, same rooster call every day (even on days you don't work). Got a pretty strange schedule? You may want to consider how your schedule impacts your health. Check out the article listed below.

Does Extra Weekend Sleep Really Help? - http://pulse.me/s/pq2ZL

Also, to answer the question I posed last week. This morning on my leg workout I kept all the same weights, but I added 2 additional exercises. At the beginning of my workout I did 4 sets of 20 reps on a leg press and I used the Leg Extension machine part way through my workout. All in all, I had a more intense workout with only adding those two exercises. Now next week, I get to start working to up the weight now that I have enough exercises to hit each muscle group 4 times.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I do question what supplements you take to help your recovery also. Do you take any nitric oxide before bed and antioxidants to help you recover during your sleep? Any post protein supplements?

    I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete